The AlterG anti-gravity treadmill contains NASA patented technology that allows you to reduce your body weight by as much as 80%. Military, professional sports teams, universities and leading medical facilities across the nation all use AlterG treadmills. The Anti-Gravity Treadmill helps a broad spectrum of people – top level athletes, orthopedic & neurologic patients, geriatric patients, and those looking to lose weight or to achieve their personal health and performance goals!
How Does it Work?
AlterG treadmills offer an unique unweighting process utilizing a differential air pressure technique that NASA developed. The original use was to help astronauts exercise and maintain conditioning while in space. The air pressure comfortably lifts the user and allows him/her to walk or run at a fraction of their body weight.
Benefits of the Alter-G
- Rehabilitate lower extremity injuries with less pain and less impact
- Provide support and confidence to start walking sooner and longer
- Prevent falls during training to increase comfort and confidence during rehab and beyond
- Develop and maintain aerobic fitness while rehabilitating from injury or surgery
- Improve mobility, strength, and safety for those with neurological conditions such as traumatic brain injury (TBI) and stroke
- Help children with injuries or developmental disorders train their legs to walk or even run
- Allow for neuromuscular re-education in a fall safe environment
- Provide a safe way to lose weight and exercise more intensely while unweighted
- Push athletic and endurance training sessions further and longer with less risk of injury
Orthopaedic & Sports
AlterG treadmills allow patients to rehab from a lower extremity injury or surgery with less pain. Allowing for early weight-bearing exercises without the risk of injury to the healing tissue, the AlterG is ideal for joint rehab. The AlterG assists in correcting gait mechanics and promoting a normal range of motion by reducing the demand on the affected joint.
Athletes of all sports and ages find the AlterG to be ideal. The AlterG creates a low impact, pain-free environment that allows athletes to increase their training volume, decrease downtime, and reduce the likelihood of training injuries that will cause a delay in getting back to their sport. The athlete can then return to their sport sooner and in better condition.
Lower body conditions that benefit from the use of the AlterG:
- Total Hip or Total Knee Replacements
- Meniscectomy (Meniscus Repair)
- ACL Reconstruction
- Arthritis (OA, RA)
- Stress Fractures
- Ankle Sprains
Private Pay Options
Can’t wait to run on the amazing AlterG? Making private-pay appointments on the AlterG is easy and affordable. No insurance nor doctor’s referral is needed. The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is available at our Lacey clinic. Same day appointments may be available. Call for scheduling information.