At Inspire Physical Therapy, we treat a variety of diagnoses. Here is a list of some of the typical things we treat:
- Post-Operative Care for Orthopedic Surgery including Total Joint Replacement, ACL Reconstruction, Rotator Cuff Repairs, etc.
- Neck and Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain/Rotator Cuff Disorders/Bursitis
- Hip Pain
- Knee, Ankle, and Foot Pain/Sprains
- Balance Deficits/Fall Prevention
- General Strengthening
- Work Injury
- Sports Medicine/Sports Performance
- Motor Vehicle Accident/Whiplash
Hand Therapy – Tumwater Clinic Only
At Inspire Physical & Hand Therapy we are proud to have two certified hand therapists on our team located at our Tumwater Office. To receive a certified hand therapist designation (CHT), the therapist must have at least three years of experience in the therapy field and 4,000 hours of hand therapy practice, or upper extremity rehabilitation. CHTs must also pass a certification exam and undergo continued education to renew their credentials every five years. If you would like more information about hand therapy, please go to https://www.asht.org/patients.
Our certified hand therapists offer specialized care to patients of all ages with any upper extremity disease or injury. If you’ve experienced diminished or lost function, we can help.
- Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, & Hand Therapy
- Pre-Fabricated and Custom-Fabricated Splints/Orthoses
- Pre- and Post-Surgical Care
- Sports Injury Care
- Work Injury Treatment
- Burn and Wound Care
- Work Conditioning including BTE Simulator II
- Fine Motor Skill Retraining/Education
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Nerve Entrapments/Injuries
- Tendon Injuries/Replants
- Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow)
- Wrist Tendinitis such as DeQuervain’s
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Crush Injuries
- Joint Replacements
- Sprains and Dislocations
- Trigger Finger, Mallet Finger, and Dupuytren’s Contracture
AlterG – Lacey Clinic ONLY
The AlterG is a unique device that allows unweighting of the body to comfortably lift the patient and allows them to walk or run at a fraction of their body weight.
How can patients benefit from AlterG?
- Allows patients to walk or run with no pain after injury or surgery
- Maintain and develop cardiovascular conditioning without stressing injured areas
- Train with their natural gait and avoid developing compensatory habits
- Allow training to begin sooner during the rehab process
- Partial weight bearing as low as 20%
ASTYM – Tumwater Clinic ONLY
ASTYM is a manual treatment option for acute and chronic muscle injuries that offers quick relief.
ASTYM breaks up scar tissue and damaged soft tissue to promote regeneration of healthy tissue to improve one’s function. Scar tissue can cause muscle tension, limited flexibility, and range of motion restrictions. It is utilized to jump-start the body’s natural inflammatory process necessary for healing.
Your therapist will utilize the hard, plastic tools to glide over your muscle and tendons to break scar tissue underneath the skin. The therapist doesn’t just treat a central area but will focus on the kinetic chain (the muscles and tendons above and below) where you are experiencing discomfort.
Click here to learn more about ASTYM.