Physical Therapy – Lacey and Tumwater
At Inspire Physical Therapy, we treat a variety of diagnoses. Here is a list of some of the typical things we treat:
- Post-Operative Care for Orthopedic Surgery including Total Joint Replacement, ACL Reconstruction, Rotator Cuff Repairs, etc.
- Neck and Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain/Rotator Cuff Disorders/Bursitis
- Hip Pain
- Knee, Ankle, and Foot Pain/Sprains
- Balance Deficits/Fall Prevention
- General Strengthening
- Work Injury
- Sports Medicine/Sports Performance
- Motor Vehicle Accident/Whiplash
Occupational & Hand Therapy – Lacey and Tumwater
We have two Certified Hand Therapists at Inspire Physical & Hand Therapy. To receive a certified hand therapist designation (CHT), the therapist must have at least three years of experience in the therapy field and 4,000 hours of hand therapy practice, or upper extremity rehabilitation. CHTs must also pass a certification exam and undergo continued education to renew their credentials every five years. If you would like more information about hand therapy, please go to https://www.asht.org/patients.
Our certified hand therapists offer specialized care to patients of all ages with any upper extremity disease or injury. If you’ve experienced diminished or lost function, we can help.
- Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, & Hand Therapy
- Pre-Fabricated and Custom-Fabricated Splints/Orthoses
- Pre- and Post-Surgical Care
- Sports Injury Care
- Work Injury Treatment
- Burn and Wound Care
- Work Conditioning including BTE Simulator II
- Fine Motor Skill Retraining/Education
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Nerve Entrapments/Injuries
- Tendon Injuries/Replants
- Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow)
- Wrist Tendinitis such as DeQuervain’s
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Crush Injuries
- Joint Replacements
- Sprains and Dislocations
- Trigger Finger, Mallet Finger, and Dupuytren’s Contracture
AlterG – Lacey ONLY
The AlterG is a unique device that allows unweighting of the body to comfortably lift the patient and allows them to walk or run at a fraction of their body weight.
How can patients benefit from AlterG?
- Allows patients to walk or run with no pain after injury or surgery
- Maintain and develop cardiovascular conditioning without stressing injured areas
- Train with their natural gait and avoid developing compensatory habits
- Allow training to begin sooner during the rehab process
- Partial weight bearing as low as 20%